A clean break order is for people who either have no assets to divide or who have already dealt with their finances but now want a legally binding order to ensure that neither party can claim against the other in the future.
If you have children under 18, you cannot have a clean break order. You will need a consent order that provides you with clean break protection while acknowledging the responsibilities you have for your children.
- An experienced and qualified solicitor drafts your clean break consent order
- We complete the new 23 page D81 Statement of Information form
- Our solicitors file the clean break consent order for you and process it through the court dealing with any objections or refusals should they arise
- There is no court appearance necessary – we deal with any enquires the court may have
- We keep you fully updated throughout the process
- No hidden hourly costs, just one fixed fee of £299
- Very fast service, your consent order will be ready to file with the court within four weeks of receiving your application. A faster one week priority service is available
What is included with this service
- Clean break agreement – protecting you both from future financial claims from the other
- This is a fully managed service, our solicitors file the clean break consent order with the courts for you to secure quick approval.
What is not included with this service
- Any sale or transfer of assets and liabilities or child maintenance payments – you will need our full consent order for this
- Help to negotiate your financial agreement
- Completion of a consent order where property or other assets are being split
- Collecting information from your spouse. If you would like us to send your spouse a questionnaire to complete and for us to collate your details, you can add a respondent questionnaire service
- Confidential contact details. The Statement of Information includes your and your spouse’s addresses as standard. If you do not want to reveal your contact details to your spouse, you can add a confidentiality service where we will submit a separate document to the court that keeps your address confidential
- Providing statements to the court when your equity split is unfair without good reason. If you present an unfair agreement (a significant imbalance of assets) and insist on it being submitted to the court, the court will likely reject your application and request a statement on why you believe the agreement to be fair. In this situation, we have a statement service where we will prepare statements and deal with the court on your behalf
- Amendments to the order by either party in the event of the case becoming disputed
The court fee for filing a financial order is currently £53.00. You may be exempt from paying court fees if you are on a low-income or receive certain benefits.
Once we receive your order, you will receive a simple questionnaire to complete. We will use this information to draft your clean break before sending it to you to sign. The agreed and signed clean break order form will be submitted to the court for you, and we will update you on its progress throughout.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Paypal.
All information sent to this site is encrypted, protecting it from interception by unintended recipients. You can submit sensitive data such as credit card details and personal information with the assurance that all transactions are secure, private, and tamper-proof.