If you have received a divorce petition on behalf of your spouse, you will be known as the ‘Respondent’ because it is your role to ‘respond’ to the divorce papers.
You will need to respond to the divorce petition and any correspondence from your spouse or their legal representatives. Our Respondent Divorce Service provides online advice on the consequences of the divorce petition and completing the forms.
What the Respondent Divorce Service covers:
- Advising you on the contents and meaning of the divorce petition as a respondent.
- Completing the Acknowledgement of Service form on your behalf and filing the form with the court.
- Advising you when Decree Nisi will be pronounced by the court.
- Correspondence to your spouse or their solicitors relating to the divorce proceedings.
What the service does not include:
- Preparation of a formal defence to a divorce (if your case becomes contested).
- Negotiations or correspondence regarding your children or finances.
- Detailed advice on your finances or children.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Paypal.
All information sent to this site is encrypted, protecting it from interception by unintended recipients. You can submit sensitive data such as credit card details and personal information with the assurance that all transactions are secure, private, and tamper-proof.