When you get married you don’t expect that your marriage will end in a stressful, expensive and messy divorce. Yet when there is no longer a future in your marriage then the best option is to break off all ties with your partner and divorce so that you can both move on with your lives.
Lockdown seems to have exacerbated the number of marriages that have ended in divorce. According to the Office for National Statistics there was an increase of 18.4% of divorce cases from the previous year in 2019, which is a significant and troubling difference. This is also likely to have increased again during 2020-2021 whereby couples that were living together in lockdown soon realised that their marriage was breaking down as well.
Unfortunately, when you do want a divorce from your spouse the process can usually be quite time consuming and complicated. The average divorce in England and Wales can take up to 53 weeks, which can seem like a lifetime when all you want to do is settle things with the other person and move on in your life.
However it does not need to be so time intensive and costly. At Easy Online Divorce, an experienced online Divorce company, you can get your divorce organised in a fraction of the time, which is far less stressful and much kinder to your wallet. In fact, we can generally have the divorce completed in about half the time it would take with a solicitor.
If you are considering a quick divorce online, here are some things you will need to consider.
Are You Eligible To Get A Divorce?
First of all you will need to check the various criteria to see whether you are eligible to get a divorce. Any of the following will need to apply.
- Your marriage is recognised by law and you have been married for more than 1 year. (Including same sex marriages).
- Your home of residence or that of your partner’s is based here in the UK.
- The marriage is definitely over and there is no chance of a reconciliation.
If these criteria apply, the second step is to make sure that you have a valid reason to divorce. The reasons are either behavioural or due to a period of separation.
- You have been separated for a minimum of 2 years. (Both parties will need to agree to this in writing).
- You have been separated for 5 years or more (Written agreement from both parties will not be needed).
Behavioural Reasons Why You Would Be Granted A Divorce
Establishing the right reason why the court should allow you to separate from your partner for good, particularly in the eyes of the law is important. This will help with your case and allow proceedings to continue. The reasons must demonstrate to the court that your marriage has broken down irrevocably. The following are eligible reasons for wanting to divorce your partner.
- Adultery– Your partner has cheated on you.
- Unreasonable behaviour– Physical, psychological and emotional abuse.
- Unhappiness– You are no longer happy in the marriage because your spouse’s feelings towards you have changed.
- Addiction– Whether it is in the form of alcohol, drug or gambling abuse that has developed during the marriage.
- Financial issues– Not being able to agree on how to spend your money as a couple.
- Childcare– Not being to co-parent effectively without disagreeing on how to raise them.
How To Speed Up The Divorce Process
If you and your partner are able to work through the divorce proceedings in a civil manner then it can certainly help quicken the process. It will help your case move swiftly if both parties formally agree to commence with divorce proceedings.
The following examples can help speed up the process.
- You both fill in the necessary paperwork as soon as possible.
- There are no mistakes on the paperwork that could delay proceedings.
- You ask for professional advice to help you understand the process and how to fill in the paperwork correctly.
- You both agree on a financial settlement.
- Not opting for a solicitor or having to go through a lengthy court process if you can mutually agree as to why you both want a divorce.
What Is The Benefit of Using an Online Divorce Company?
If you and your partner have mutually agreed that the marriage is no longer working and you would prefer to go your separate ways, then opting for a quick divorce online is probably the ideal option for you. Here are some of the benefits of a quick, online divorce:
- You would not need to spend excessive amounts of money on a family lawyer to deal with the divorce.
- No court appearance necessary.
- You do not have to try and understand all the complicated legal jargon that solicitors use.
- Complete your application from the comfort of your home.
- You do not need to rely on the postal service which can sometimes be subject to delays or letters getting lost in the post.
- You will automatically be provided with updates about proceedings which is far better than having to chase up your solicitor for a response.
- The formal application to apply for a divorce is easy to understand and complete by yourself, without the need for a solicitor.
- You have access to help and support if you have a query or need to speak to someone who is knowledgeable about the divorce process.
Overall it is far less stressful and certainly much cheaper if you opt for a quick divorce in the UK with Easy Online Divorce.
Call now on 0204 530 8101 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries you may have or to start your divorce proceedings today.